Product Update: VMECA rebrand Eco Turtle Pump**
**This product was previously known as: VMECA Eco Control Unit
Eco Turtle Pump Key Features:
- A multi-functioning control valve optimised for use with VMECA’s turtle pump range
- Easy and convenient wiring with single M8 X 6 pin connector to control all functions
- Integrated air saving kit, digital vacuum switch, air on/off valve and blow release valve
- Built-in air saving function, blocking air consumption when vacuum is reached
- Helping to reduce air consumption by up to 90%
- Available in three different types of sealing material: NBR, Viton (for high temperatures) and EPDM
The latest range of VMECA Turtle Pumps and Vacuum Generators are available from Simmatic Automation. Turtle Pumps feature a unique all-in-one design which enables big savings to be made in the cost and complexity of vacuum handling systems for applications as diverse as zipper bag opening, picking and placing biscuits, carton erecting, package handling and labelling.
The image below shows a Turtle Pump VTC3031-2-S2 fitted to a rotary, plastic bag opening, packaging machine…
Our short video clip shows the VMECA VTC3031-2 Turtle Pump in action…
Because of their small size and robust construction, Turtle Pumps can, in most applications, be installed close to the point where vacuum is needed. This ensures fast response to control signals, typically three times faster than conventional arrangements, and they put an end to the risk of leakage that is inevitably associated with long runs of pipework.
At the heart of every Turtle Pump is an efficient multistage vacuum cartridge that operates from a compressed air supply and produces an almost constant level of vacuum over a wide range of air supply pressures. Each pump also incorporates an air control valve, a vacuum filter, a release control valve, a silencer and a vacuum gauge or switch. This fully integrated design means that few, if any external components are needed, which saves money, reduces installation time and simplifies pipework.
Uniquely, Turtle Pumps feature self-cleaning vacuum filters. At each vacuum on-off cycle, dust is automatically cleared from the filter.
This means …
- Turtle Pumps can operate for long periods without needing attention
- Their performance does not degrade over time as the filter progressively clogs
- Plant downtime associated with regular cleaning of conventional filters is virtually eliminated
Turtle Pumps from Simmatic are designed to work with compressed air supplies from 4.5 to 6 bar. Depending on the application they can produce a vacuum of up to 95 -kPa. They are quiet in operation, generating noise levels of less than 60 dBA, and have an exceptionally wide operating temperature range of -20 to +80 ºC.